What does this mean?
In short, a sell-out for HIGHSNOBIETY, a bold and smart play by Zalando, and a bit of an 'L' for the culture.
- Is now sat over a highly influential cultural intelligence platform that will provide tons of rich data and trend forecasting capabilities
- They now have a new distribution network to help them credible expand into 'accessible' streetwear via their 'Zalando Street' retail arm
- They are solidifying themselves as a youth cultural icon beyond a traditional e-commerce platform
- Highsnobiety cultural integrity and perception amongst the community will be challenged
- Subcultures are generally counter-mainstream by nature. Streetwear has been adopted from the high street to high fashion and has become one of the leading youth cultural expressions globally. Whilst skate-inspired movements will always exist, is streetwear going to become a dirty word, rejected by the communities that fostered it?